Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Proverbs

Yesterday afternoon, I was surfing the net, as I am so prone to doing, and I came across a quote that I like. I am not religious; really I am more agnostic because I don't know what to believe. I think I could believe in a higher power, but I have a hard time buying into the whole organized religion thing. I have a great respect for people's various religions, and absolutely cannot tolerate bigots who want to judge others based on their given faiths. Anyway, the quote that I came across is from the Bible, and since reading it, it has stuck with me. It says:


Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. --Proverbs 22:6

I like it so much that I think I am going to embroider or cross stitch it, then frame it and hang it in the baby's room as a reminder of how I would like to do things. Hopefully this philosophy will take us where we want to go with this child. I think it will. My goal with this baby, and any others that I might bring into this world, is merely to have them grow up to be good people. That's all I'm really hoping for. Nothing fancy. Just good, honest, hardworking, happy kids who will grow up to be good, honest, hardworking, happy adults.

3 comments:

Maria Confer said...

I totally agree with the agnostic thing. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school for 12 years and I can't stand huge majority of the b.s. they fed me. I have faith, but I don't agree with the politics.

I think you have a perfect goal for your children. It's the type of core values that more people should focus on. Plus, that I would be perfect for a baby's room.

XOXO

Unknown said...

I like that... Here's hoping for a happier and healthier next generation. And Hoping that he has ears with hangy downs

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

great motto, Stace. I totally agree.

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007