Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fish & Whistle

This morning, Brad and I went fishing. Well, really, Brad fished while I sat and watched since my fishing license is expired. We started off at the pond by the hospital, but the cast net got a big hole in it so we switched to rod and reel, and moved over to the old Main Street bridge. It is an old one lane bridge that nobody uses for much of anything anymore. Brad caught probably 15-20 good size perch, but it was a strictly catch and release program this morning, since neither of us felt like cleaning fish today. Here are some pics of our fishies.

 
Redbreast Perch

 
Bluegill Perch

 
Longear Perch
We had a good time catching the fish. There were a lot of pretty ones. We also caught a turtle. It was a Red-ear Slider, but I forgot to take a picture of him. I was kind of hoping to catch a softshell turtle, as we have seen them in that creek before, but we have never been able to catch one before. If we had caught a little one, I would have brought it home and set up an aquarium for it. But, no luck on that. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the bridge and the creek. Maybe next time. We enjoyed ourselves. It was good to get out of the house and do something relaxing that had nothing to do with the baby. Plus, it's always good to get to spend time with my honey. Anyway, that's all. Just thought I would post about fishing.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day!! Love the pictures of the fish, it's so cool how pretty they're scales are! I would love to see a picture of the bridge nextime. It sounds like something out of an old book.

Thanks so much for all your advice and for sharing your experience with me. I'm holding onto hope that all will be ok and that I'm not the only one to go through this.

XOXO

Rocky said...

I am really surprised by the quality of your constant posts.You really are a genius, I feel blessed to be a regular reader of such a blog Thanks so much..I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Excellent work! Plz visite Mobile price bd

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007