Monday, January 5, 2009

Ultrasound Pics & Update

Okay, here's the pic from Ultrasound #2 (I don't have a copy for #1). The date was 12/24/2008, and I was 6w3d pregnant. The heart rate was 126 bpm, and the baby measured 5.9mm. The doctor neglected to mention that it was 5 days behind in size, but I'm kinda glad that we didn't find that out until the next appointment because it would have just stressed me out more. The big round thing in the middle of the sac is the yolk, and the little c-shaped thing off to the side of that is the baby.

Now here's the pic from Ultrasound #3. The date for that one was 1/2/2009, and I was 8w1d pregnant. The heart rate had gone up to 176 bpm, and the baby had grown to 15.2 mm. This time the baby's size was only off by 2 days, so it is catching up. The somewhat-c-shaped blur is the baby (no yolk is visible in these pics).

I did more labwork on 12/31/08, and my progesterone had gone up to 37.4. That was enough that at my appointment on 1/2/09, the doctor felt it was safe to take me off the progesterone supplements. Also, since the baby has been growing well, she was willing to release me to my regular OB/Gyn. So my next appointment is with my oh-so-fine OB on Monday 1/12/09, and I should have another ultrasound then. I'm glad to be done with the fertility clinic for a while. They did a great job, and did what they were supposed to do, but I'm glad to move on. Brad and I are pretty excited, and relieved that things seem to be picking up speed. Brad has been telling pretty much everybody he knows - even the bank teller! It's kinda cute. He's pretty much a typical male when it comes to (not) sharing his emotions, but I can tell he is excited about being a Dad (again). After all, it's been nearly twenty years since the last time he had an expecting wife. Anyway, I'm glad to be getting this show on the road finally.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I am so glad that I get another neice or nephew to spoil! So hurry up with the baby havin! It is taking too long!

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007